Reviewed by: Erica An, BNutr&Diet, APD
When it comes to weight loss and quality nutrition, the best thing you can do for your body is to ensure your dinners are jam packed full of fresh ingredients.
The important thing to remember, whether your goal is to lose weight or not, is to include a good combination of protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats and as many veggies as possible in every meal.
Here are 3 of our top delicious 12WBT dinners that will help you on your weight loss journey:
Ginger Salmon Stir-Fry
2 serves | 15 min prep time | 15 min cooking time | 304 Cal per serve
- 210g Atlantic Salmon Fillets, cut into cubes
- 2 Cloves Garlic (6g)
- 1 x 2cm pieces Ginger (10g)
- 2 Tablespoons Reduced Salt Soy Sauce (40g)
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil (10g)
- 1/2 Bunches Gai Lan (125g), cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 Red Capsicum (155g), thinly sliced
- 2 Shallot (12g), cut into 5cm lengths
- 1/4 Cups Fresh Coriander (10g)
- Combine salmon, garlic, ginger and half the soy sauce in a bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add gai lan, capsicum and 1 tablespoon of water, then stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat half the remaining oil in wok over high heat. Add shallots and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until bright green. Transfer to bowl with other vegetables.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Add salmon and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Return vegetables to wok with remaining soy sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve topped with coriander.
12WBT Spaghetti and Meatballs
4 serves | 35 mins prep time | 35 mins cooking time | 287 Cal per serve
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 300g extra lean beef mince
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely grated
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- olive oil spray
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 400g can diced tomato
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 100g dried wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the zucchini in a double thickness of paper towel.
- Combine the zucchini in a large bowl with the mince, onion, carrot, oregano, half of the garlic and half the fresh herbs. Season with pepper. Use clean hands to mix until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 24 balls. Transfer to a plate and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Add half the meatballs. Cook for 3 minutes each side, turning gently, or until golden on each side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Spray the pan with oil. Add the remaining garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer. Add the meatballs and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the parsley, and balsamic vinegar. Season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following packet directions.
- Divide the spaghetti between serving bowls. If you’re making it for the kids or hubbie, simply increase the amount of pasta. Top with the meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
Warm Lamb, Pumpkin & Pomegranate Salad with Mint Yoghurt Dressing
Serves 4 | 15 minute prep time | 40 minutes cooking time | 453 Cals per serve
- 360g pumpkin cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 eggplants (600g approx), cut into 2cm pieces
- 2g olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup natural low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 700g lamb loin fillet
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 pomegranate (120g), seeds extracted
- 130g canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place pumpkin and eggplant onto prepared tray. Spray with oil, and bake for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, finely chop half the mint, and coarsely tear remaining mint leaves.
- Combine yoghurt, garlic, finely chopped mint and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with oil and season with pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Place lentils, cucumber, pomegranate seeds, parsley, remaining mint and warm pumpkin and eggplant into a large bowl. Season with pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Divide between serving plates and top with lamb. Drizzle with yoghurt dressing.
Love these recipes? Then you’re going to love 12WBT. With over 1000 recipes available to Members, you’ll always be spoilt for choice. Join our team today.