Cocktails remain a (scary) source of hidden calories and are meant to be enjoyed in moderation…However if you can’t resist the urge to stop at one, we have you covered with these 5 tasty and tempting, low cal options to tame even the wildest party animal.
Elderflower, Pomegranate & Champagne Cocktail
- 100 Ml Elderflower Cordial (100g)
- 100g Pomegranate, seeds extracted
- 2 X 750ml bottles Sparkling Wine (1500g), chilled
- Put 2 teaspoons elderflower cordial into each of 10 champagne glasses.
- Divide pomegranate seeds evenly between glasses (about 2 teaspoons each).
- Pour sparkling wine into each glass. Stir gently and serve.
Gin & Ginger Lime Spritzer
- 1/2 Cups Sugar (110g)
- 60g Ginger, finely grated
- 100 Ml Lime Juice (100g)
- 300 Ml Gin (300g)
- 600 Ml Soda Water (600g)
- 3 Fresh Lime (147g), thinly sliced
- Combine sugar, ginger and 1 cup (250ml) water in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove from heat, strain and set aside to cool. Cover and refrigerate to chill.
- When ready to serve, place lime juice, ginger syrup and gin in a large jug and stir to combine. Divide evenly between 10 cocktail glasses. Top up with soda water and add slices of lime to serve.
Bellini with Raspberries
- 1 X 825g cans Peaches, Canned In Syrup, Drained (580g)
- 2 Litres Sparkling Wine (1200g)
- 30 Raspberries (60g)
- Puree the peaches using a stab mixer or food processor. Transfer to a small container.
- Divide the peach puree among champagne glasses, followed with the sparkling wine and raspberries.
Banana Coconut Cocktail Whip
- 4 Banana (404g)
- 350g Coconut Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Low Fat Milk (375g)
- 1 Cups Malibu Rum (250g)
- 1 X 270g can Low Fat Coconut Milk (270g)
- 2g Ground Nutmeg
- Put the banana in a small freezer bag. Seal and freeze for 4 hours, or until frozen.
- Put the banana, coconut water, ice cubes, milk, Malibu and coconut milk in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour the drink evenly between wine goblet or martini-style glasses. Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired and serve.
Creamy Coconut Rum and Mango Cocktail
- Place half the ingredients into a blender with a cup of ice cubes and blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into a serving jug. Repeat with remaining ingredients and more ice.
- Pour into glasses and serve with a straw.