Pavlova can be such a nightmare when watching your weight, so we have made a few tweaks to allow you to enjoy an occasional treat without feeling too guilty!
Also read: 7 Party Snacks Under 100 Calories
12WBT’s Strawberry and Passionfruit Pavlova
- Serves 12
- 15 minute prep time
- 75 min cooking time
- 138 calories per serve
- 1g olive oil spray
- 6 cage free egg whites (198g)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (330g)
- 1/2 teaspoons cornflour (2g)
- 1 cups low fat natural yoghurt (260g)
- 1 1/2 punnet of strawberries (375g), hulled & chopped
- 4 passionfruit (72g), halved
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Spray a baking tray lightly with oil. Draw a 22cm circle on a piece of non-stick baking paper and place pencil side down on baking tray.
- Put egg whites into a large, clean, dry bowl. Using electric beaters, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well between each addition until sugar dissolves and meringue is thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour.
- Spoon meringue mixture onto baking tray and use a spatula to spread out within the circle.
- Reduce oven temperature to 100°C and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven and leave pavlova in oven to cool completely.
- To serve, spread yoghurt over pavlova and top with strawberries and passionfruit pulp.