Reviewed by: Erica Grandjean, APD, BNutr&Diet
There’s nothing quite like a gooey, cheesy baked dish – particularly when it’s this Beef and Bean Burrito Bake!
It will quickly become a family favourite, trust us!
Also read: 5 Weekday Dinner Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
12WBT’s Beef and Bean Burrito Bake
- 15 mins prep time
- 25 mins cooking time
- serves 4
- 317 calories per serve (approx.)
- 2 shallots, chopped (12g)
- 200g rare roast beef, shredded
- 400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped (155g)
- 1/4 cup canned corn, drained (43g)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped (10g)
- 1/4 reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated (30g)
- 4 reduced-fat tortillas
- 1 cup Passata (250g)
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Combine shallots, beef, beans, capsicum, corn, 2 tablespoons of the coriander and half the cheese in a bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the tortillas. Roll up to enclose filling and place into a 20cm square baking dish.
- Pour over combined Passata and garlic. Scatter remaining cheese over. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cheese has melted. Sprinkle with remaining coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Does the sound of this recipe delight your tastebuds? Check out the 1000+ healthy, low calorie recipes that 12WBT has on offer exclusively for you https://www.12wbt.com/nutrition