This low carb bread may be the best we’ve ever tasted! Gluten-free, paleo and packed with veggies, this recipe is delicious on its own or toasted and topped with your favourite sweet or savoury condiments.
12WBT Low Carb Bread
Serves 15 | Prep time: 10 min | Cooking time: 60 min | 192 cals/serve
1 Cup Carrot (90g), grated weight
1 Cup Pumpkin (105g), grated weight
1 Cup Zucchini (120g), grated weight
4 Cage-Free Eggs (236g)
45g Olive Oil
2 Cups Almond Meal (228g)
1 Cup Buckwheat Flour (133g)
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder (8g)
1 Pinch Salt (2g)
1 Tablespoon Sunflower Seed (14g), for topping
1 Tablespoon Pepitas (14g), for topping
1 Tablespoon Psyllium (12g)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Grate up the pumpkin, carrot, zucchini. This will make up 3 cups of grated vegetables, Place the grated vegetables on some paper towel to remove some of the moisture while you measure out the dry ingredients.
- Place the almond meal, buckwheat flour, baking powder, psyllium and salt into a large bowl. Combine well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the vegetables, eggs and olive oil to the dry ingredients. Mix well and put the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
- Sprinkle seeds on the top and drop the oven temp to 160C. Place the load into the preheated oven.
- After 1 hour of baking, test with a skewer. It should come out clean. If not, pop back in for another 10-15 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely.
Reviewed By: Lisa Donaldson, APD, M.Nutr&Diet, B.Edu
Other blogs you may like:
Which Bread Is Better For Your Health?
Free 12WBT Recipe: Banana Bread