Cooler weather calls for gooey, melt-in-your-mouth pasta – without the calories, of course! We promise clean plates with this recipe.
- Serves 2 (double the ingredients for 4)
- 15 mins prep
- 45 mins cooking
- 334 calories per serve
- 100g pumpkin, flesh roughly chopped
- 60g reduced fat ricotta
- 120g frozen spinach, thawed, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 clove garlic (3g), crushed
- 1 shallot (3g), finely chopped
- 6 tubes cannelloni pasta tubes (90g)
- 300g passata (tomato sauce)
- 20g reduced fat cheddar, grated
- 85g rocket
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (10g)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook pumpkin in a small saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to pan and roughly mash. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add ricotta, spinach, garlic, and shallots to pumpkin. Stuff mixture evenly into pasta tubes
- Spread half the passata sauce over base of a small baking dish, or use individual dishes. Arrange filled tubes side-by-side on top of sauce, then spread remaining sauce over to cover tubes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Toss rocket leaves with balsamic vinegar and serve with cannelloni.