Introducing our newest no-bake, cake-inspired collection of protein ball recipes! These recipes are a combination of gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan treats – and they’re incredibly simple to make. They’re the perfect healthy treat to have on hand when the dessert cravings strike! And they’re also insanely yummy as a pre or post-workout snack, for an instant energy hit. Onto the recipes!
Reviewed by: Amanda Turbill, APD, M.Nutr&Diet, B.Edu
Choc Cookie Protein Bites
- 4 Serves
- 10 min prep time
- 180 Cal / serve
- 20g Skim Milk Powder, or whey protein powder
- 25g Coconut Flour
- 25g Quick Oats
- 30g Maple Syrup
- 50g Peanut Butter, No Added Sugar Or Salt
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- Carefully measure all the ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients with your hands, like playdough! If the mix feels a little dry, add a little skim milk 1tsp at a time.
- Separate into four equal parts.
- Shape into 4 ‘bars’, or roll into balls.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Choc Brownie Bliss Balls
- 16 Serves
- 20 min prep time
- 159 Cal / serve
- 2 Cups Walnuts (250g)
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut (45g)
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder (10g)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (29g)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (25g)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence (5g)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries (85g), or other dried fruit
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor.
- Blitz and/or pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball. If your balls don’t roll, take your time forming them into balls gently. They will set better once chilled.
- Dust with cocoa and keep in the refrigerator.
Lemony Bliss Balls
- 12 Serves
- 10 min prep time
- 67 Cal / serve
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Unsalted Cashews (65g)
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut (45g), plus extra for rolling
- 2 Tablespoons Honey (40g)
- 1 Fresh Lemon (60g), remove zest and juice half
- Take your lemon and remove the zest with a fine grater. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Blitz until all ingredients are finely chopped and the mixture comes together. If the mixture is a little dry, add a small amount of water (or extra lemon juice) and blitz again.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball into some additional desiccated coconut and keep in the refrigerator.