Summer smoothie bowls – they really are a match made in heaven. The perfect solution for wanting a cool, refreshing drink AND wanting to eat something with a spoon.
Our smoothie bowls use a base of frozen fruit – always frozen for thick smoothie bowls! – and yoghurt or milk (feel free to swap in non-dairy milk and yoghurt, if that suits you). We add some crunchy, nutrient packed toppings and voila! This combo makes 12WBT smoothie bowls delicious and filling – they’ll fuel your day, your workout and everything that comes in between.
Read on for our top 3 smoothie bowl recipes perfect for the summer!
Strawberry Smoothie Bowls
1 serve. 287 calories.
- 80g Strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 Banana (50g), chopped & frozen
- 3/4 Cups Low Fat Natural Yoghurt (180g)
- 1/2 Passionfruit (20g)
- 1/2 Teaspoons Desiccated Coconut (3g)
- 15g Unsalted Pistachio Kernels
- Combine strawberries, banana and yoghurt in a food processor and process until smooth. Add a dash of water or milk if the mixture won’t blend.
- Place smoothie mixture into serving bowl and top with half a passionfruit, coconut and pistachios to serve.
Summer Smoothie Bowls
This breakfast is as pretty to look at as it is quick and easy to make.
1 serve. 286 calories.
- 1 Mango (150g), chopped & frozen
- 1 Banana (101g), chopped & frozen
- 1 1/2 Cups Low Fat Natural Yoghurt (360g)
- 1 Passionfruit (40g)
- 1 Tablespoons Desiccated Coconut (7g), toasted
- 3 Teaspoons Pepitas (7g)
- 1 Tablespoons Flaked Almonds (8g)
- Combine mango, banana and yoghurt in a food processor and process until smooth. Add a dash of water or milk if the mixture won’t blend.
- Place smoothie mixture into serving bowl. Top with passionfruit pulp, coconut, pepitas and almonds to serve.
Chocolate Summer Smoothie Bowls
A bit of sneaky cauliflower makes this chocolatey, peanut-buttery smoothie bowl extra creamy.
1 serve. 331 calories.
- 1 Banana (100g), chopped & frozen
- 40g Cauliflower, chopped & frozen
- 3 Teaspoons Cocoa Powder (6g)
- 1 Teaspoons Honey (6g)
- 2/3 Cups Low Fat Milk (160g), plus 1-2 tbsp if required
- 50g Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Teaspoons Chia Seeds (5g)
- 2 Teaspoons Peanut Butter, No Added Sugar Or Salt (10g)
- Place frozen banana, frozen cauliflower, cocoa, honey and milk into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. If you’re having trouble getting everything to combine, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk or water.
- Spoon into bowl and top with blueberries, chia seeds and peanut butter.
And there you have it – out to top 3 smoothie bowl recipes perfect for the summer. Share some of your favs in the comments below!