I bet you never thought you could make pesto without oil!
Well I’m here to tell you, YOU CAN!
Teamed with roast pumpkin and tomatoes, this lemony basil pesto made with omega-rich walnuts is sure to please.
- 100g Pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 60g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cups Basil Leaves (40g)
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), finely chopped
- 7g Walnuts
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice (10g)
- 12g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 50g Spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin and tomatoes in a roasting pan. Roast for 25 – 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, process basil, garlic and walnuts using a handheld blender or small food processor. Add lemon juice and process until well combined. Stir in half the parmesan.
- Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling wa ter following packet directions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Roughly squash tomatoes using the back of a spoon. Add tomatoes, pumpkin and pesto to spaghetti. Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Place pasta in a bowl and top with remaining parmesan to serve.
Just like that! You CAN have pasta whilst still losing weight!
If you want to check out more tasty, satisfying and healthy recipes, check out our website and try 12WBT for FREE today!