Anzac biscuits are more than just a tasty morsel- they represent those who have sacrificed a lot for our country.
Spend time with your family and make these over the weekend – or better yet, get the kids to help make them!
- 20 serves
- 20 min prep time
- 10 min cooking
- 105 calories per serve
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (150g)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (75g)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (45g)
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon (4g)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (55g)
- 1/4 cup golden syrup (85g)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60g)
- 1 teaspoons bi-carb soda (5g)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Place oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl, stir to combine.
2. Place golden syrup, oil and 60ml (1/4 cup) water in a medium saucepan. Heat, stirring, over a medium heat until all ingredients are well combined. Stir in bi carb of soda (mixture will bubble and foam), remove from heat.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until well combined. With slightly wet hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture and place 3cm apart on prepared tray. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in flour.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool completely on the tray. Store in an airtight container.
Mish Tip: For a higher fibre option, make these with wholemeal flour.
2 thoughts on “FREE 12WBT Recipe: Anzac Biscuits”
I love this recipe – its super versatile! I made it into a slice (and cut it up into the same number of serves) and its delish! I added a few chopped dried dates and figs and a sliced apple one time too – very yummy!
To be honest, I just joined the 1WBT for the recipes… then I thought “well, I’ve got the excercises, I may as well give them a go too”. After 12 weeks I haven’t missed an exercise session, lost 3.5kg, 25.5 inches from my body and my fitness test has gone from 16 to 42 AND – I feel GREAT!!!! I’m only a little person anyway so losing that amount of weight has given me tone and fitness and my cholesterol and blood pressure are way normal. Thank you, thank you, thank you Michelle Bridges and your team! xxxx I have already joined for the next 12WBT, I seriously can not imagine my life without doing exercise everyday, and the yummy food is so enjoyed by my husband and I. As a matter of eating what I give him now and his exercise routine he has lost over 10kgs!!! I look forward to the next 12WBT.xxxx
Comments are closed.