At 12WBT HQ we enjoy the odd afternoon snack, and staffer Vicki came up with this refreshing, oh-so-healthy treat we just had to share!
- 1 x lemon
- 1 x lime
- 1 x continental cucumber
- 1/2 watermelon
- Bunch fresh mint
- Pellegrino Mineral Water
- Using a chef’s knife cut the lemon long ways, then cut again to make an even quarter or wedge of lemon.
- Take a freshly picked lime (small is good as it is sweeter and juicier) and cut in same way as lemon.
- Gather a fresh continental cucumber, remove end and cut diagonally, 3 slices approximately 3-4mm thick.
- Now for the fun! Cut watermelon in half, then cut a slice approximately 12-14mm thick and remove rind. Use a star shaped cookie cutter, cut out five stars of watermelon.
- Take all the above ingredients and place in a hipster jar.
- Pour over 200ml of sparkling Pellegrino water, and let sit for approximately 30 mins for flavours to meld together.
- Just before serving add a freshly picked bunch of mint then, using a striped paper straw, sip gently from around 3pm onwards.