At 12WBT HQ we enjoy the odd afternoon snack, and staffer Vicki came up with this refreshing, oh-so-healthy treat we just had to share!
- 1 x lemon
- 1 x lime
- 1 x continental cucumber
- 1/2 watermelon
- Bunch fresh mint
- Pellegrino Mineral Water
- Using a chef’s knife cut the lemon long ways, then cut again to make an even quarter or wedge of lemon.
- Take a freshly picked lime (small is good as it is sweeter and juicier) and cut in same way as lemon.
- Gather a fresh continental cucumber, remove end and cut diagonally, 3 slices approximately 3-4mm thick.
- Now for the fun! Cut watermelon in half, then cut a slice approximately 12-14mm thick and remove rind. Use a star shaped cookie cutter, cut out five stars of watermelon.
- Take all the above ingredients and place in a hipster jar.
- Pour over 200ml of sparkling Pellegrino water, and let sit for approximately 30 mins for flavours to meld together.
- Just before serving add a freshly picked bunch of mint then, using a striped paper straw, sip gently from around 3pm onwards.
2 thoughts on “Citrus, Cucumber & Watermelon Bubbly Pick Me Up”
Sounds delicious but could someone please tell me how many serves this makes and the calories per serve?
Hi Adelle – This makes 1 serve and since you’re not really eating any of the ingredients that flavour the water, it’s pretty much calorie free. If you eat the watermelon, count the calories for that (30 calories/100g). Enjoy!
All the best,
12WBT Support Crew