There’s a totally dedicated team working behind the scenes at 12WBT – and it’s about time you got to know them! Each month we’re going to feature one of our superstar staffers to see what makes them tick.
Name: Chantelle Curtis-Latchford
Position: Dietitian and Nutrition Content Writer
It’s All About Balance
Chantelle is one of our rockstar dietitians here at 12WBT HQ. She’s been sharing her knowledge on the blog, with posts like the Top 10 Rising Food Trends and Going Organic: Is it Worth It?. We chatted with her about her favourite comfort food (hey, even dietitians are human), how she stays active and her favourite 12WBT recipe.
Chantelle will be LIVE on the 12WBT Facebook page between 11:30am – 12 noon (AEST) on Friday 27th June to answer all your nutrition questions – more details below. Mark the date in your calendar now!
Qualifications: Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) and a Master of Science (Nutrition and Dietetics).
What she does day-to-day at 12WBT: “I help make sure all things nutrition-based run smoothly, as well as nutrition research and product development.”
Favourite food: Mango
How she sweats it out: On horseback of course. Chantelle says, “Horse riding is quite the workout.”
Favourite childhood memory: “Fishing with my dad as a child and catching a bigger fish than him”. Ha!
Favourite 12WBT recipe: Warm Lamb, Pumpkin & Pomegranate Salad with Mint Yoghurt Dressing (recipe below).
Perfect day: Relaxing on the beach.
Favourite songs to relax to:
Must-read blog: The Scoop on Nutrition by dietitian Emma Stirling.
Mantra: “Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.”
Warm Lamb, Pumpkin & Pomegranate Salad with Mint Yoghurt Dressing
15 min prep time
40 min cooking
324 Cal / serve
Pomegranate is packed with health benefits, as well as a refreshing tartness and a crunch that is perfectly at home in this Middle Eastern inspired lamb salad.
180g Peeled Pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
1 Eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
1g Olive Oil Spray
1/4 cup Mint Leaves
1/4 cup Low-Fat Natural Yoghurt
1 clove Garlic, crushed
200g Lamb Loin Fillet, raw
1/3 cup Canned Lentils, rinsed and drained
1 Lebanese Cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin and eggplant onto prepared tray. Spray with oil, and bake for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly golden.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop half the mint, and coarsely tear remaining mint leaves.
3. Combine yoghurt, garlic, finely chopped mint and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with oil and season with pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium, or to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Slice thinly.
5. Place lentils, cucumber, pomegranate seeds, parsley, remaining mint and warm pumpkin and eggplant into a large bowl. Season with pepper and toss gently to combine.
6. Divide between serving dishes and top with lamb. Drizzle with dressing to serve.
• To remove the pomegranate seeds, cut the pomegranate in half again then place in a large bowl of water (to avoid the juice splattering). Use your hands to break open the fruit and pull out the seeds, discarding any white membrane. Pour the mixture through a fine strainer and you’ve got your seeds!
• If pomegranate is unavailable, replace with 1 tablespoon of craisins (dried cranberries) or currants and adjust calories accordingly.
Join Chantelle for a Live Facebook Chat!
Chantelle will be answering all your nutrition questions on our 12WBT Facebook page between 11:30am – 12 noon (AEST) on Friday 27th June. Make sure you join in – it’s going to be a fun and informative session, so get those questions ready!
Get expert advice from Chantelle and our team of dietitians and nutritionists, trainers and fitness experts when you sign up to 12WBT.